Dundalk Community Center - LEED®
Client: Sanders Design
Owner: Baltimore County, MD Dept. of Parks and Recreations
Project Location: Dundalk, Maryland
Cost: $10 million
TerraLogos provided LEED® coordination for the complete renovation of a 65 year old community center, located in historic Dundalk, MD. The existing 27,500 SF building suffered serious humidity control prob- lems stemming from the natatorium. TerraLogos provided extensive technical support in developing the project specifications to solve humidity and other issues in the project. The building achieved LEED® Silver, and it was delivered on time and under budget.
Environmental Design Features:
• Reused an existing building in a dense, urban neighborhood, connecting to public transit, employment centers, shopping and residential neighborhoods.
• High-efficiency HVAC system with building-wide direct digital controller.
• Efficient water design reduces water usage by 30%.
• Occupant-controlled temperature and lighting in all spaces.
• White roof reduces heat island effect and solar heat gain.
• Native landscaping eliminates need for irrigation.
• No new parking added.
• Materials included recycled, regional, and low-VOC products, as well as FSC-certified wood.
• Recycled 86% of construction waste.
• Informs its visitors about its sustainability story via a walking tour path marked with three different, age-appropriate lesson plans.