Library Square Update – The past year and half has seen many changes and evolution at the Library Square Park located behind the Patterson Park Branch of the Enoch Pratt Free Library. Much community input and hard work by many volunteers have moved the project along. Come and see what is growing in Library Square including:
- Audubon Teaching garden below the mural – growing in and always needs some TLC;
- The Kenwood Plaza area street mural and new furniture including benches and secure trash bins;
- Starting this Fall -- the new rain garden/environmental storm water treatment area (Section 2);
- The artist designed fence along Fayette (anticipated completion fall 2015)
- Plans are underway to develop the reading garden in the front yard of the Library along Linwood.
Steve Preston is taking over as voluntary chair of the Design Committee and can be contacted through Banner Neighborhoods. If you are interested in participating in the rebirth of Library Square please contact Anthony Newman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or come out for one of the Community meetings, generally held in the Library (lower level) the 3rd Tuesday of the month, 6-8 pm.